Thursday 15 September 2016

Quick NOTD Update: Gudetama Nails

Hello friends! I am back with yet another NOTD update; this time, featuring my favourite Sanrio character, Gudetama! I love Gudetama, he's so adorable and sleepy all the time. He's such an adorable and relatable little egg.  If you don't know who he is yet, I strongly suggest you check out the short cartoons on youtube, I find them super amusing and they alway make me smile.
This design has been in the back of my mind for ages! Since my discovery of this squishy yellow yolk, I've wanted to related nail art. With me being preoccupied with moving back to school, I decided not to participate in any nart art challenges this month (though I may attempt some once I get more used to my schedule). As I sat down to do my nails the other day, this was the first idea that popped into my head. I also think that it's ironic that I would decide to put this highly unmotivated character on my nails to welcome the first week of school.

Anyways, click read on for some tips and tricks on how to create your own Gudetama inspired nails:


  • For the Tamago nails, paint your nails a yellow base colour.
    • use a thin brush and some acrylic paint to draw on his face and his arms
    • fill in the band of seaweed carefully with the brush, being very careful not to cover his little arms
  • For the rest of the nails use an opaque pastel color as the base (I used a pink)
    • Go on google and search for some reference pictures
    • sketch out the design with a thin paint brush and some acrylic paint first
    • when you are satisfied with your outline, fill them in with acrylic paint in appropriate colors
    • add some highlights and shadows to make him look more realistic
    • *optional* add some text to your designs
  • Remember to always seal off your design with a top coat when using acrylic paint!
...and that's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts: