Monday 17 February 2014

Frozen's Olaf insp' Nails

WOW. I've been meaning to do this for a while...and I've FINALLY ACCOMPLISHED IT. IT'S DONE. YAY!!!! I've been obsessing over Frozen for the past few weeks, if you haven't yet, I suggest that you do it ASAP because it is SUCH a great movie, (alright, I confess... I've seen the movie twice, and I've been listening to the soundtracks non-stop), and my nails have finally caught on! For those of you who don't know, Olaf is a cute snowman who is brought to life by Queen Elsa's magic, and he is the most goofy and lovable snowman ever! One thing that really inspired me to do this manicure was Olaf's  song 'In Summer', where he pines to experience summer (not knowing what happens to snow under the sun); and since North America seems to be frozen over this winter, I cannot wait for summer to come again!

Without further ado (and before I spoil more of the movie), here are my tips for creating your very own Olaf inspired nails:

  • start off with a light blue base colour on all of your nails (I used Pure Ice Nail Polish in Bikini)
  • when painting Olaf, find reference pictures! With reference, your paintings will turn out nicer...trust me
  • use a thin brush (I used my usual 10/0 brush)
  • to create the blue-white gradient, I used a small piece of a make-up sponge dabbed in white polish (I used Sally Hansen in White Out)
  • paint small snowflakes or just white dots on the accent nails (the ones with Olaf), be sure to vary the size of the snowflakes/dots!
  • I finished off my manicure with a thin layer of gel polish (treated with a UV lamp), to ensure that it will last longer

Here's another look at my manicure (along with my cinderella hand):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts: